top of page
Sunset at the Bridge

Fast-Track Approval in 6 Months

  • Low investment requirement

  • No English proficiency or educational requirements

  • Expedited processing for the whole family

  • Higher approval rates

  • Unlimited renewal option


E-2 Overview

The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa for investors, entrepreneurs, and people looking to run a business in the United States. With an E-2 visa, you can start a US business or invest in a US business and work for that business. To get an E-2 visa, you must invest a substantial amount of capital into a U.S. business, and you must direct and develop that business. You can either start a new business or invest in an existing business to qualify for an E-2 visa.

E-2 Eligible Applicants

  • International Students in the U.S.

Ideal for students wishing to work or start a business in the U.S. after graduation. Pre-graduates and recent graduates can apply for the E-2 visa to plan for their future, with new students enjoying local residency benefits for admissions.

  • Parents Accompanying Students

Parents accompanying their children for studies in the U.S. Holding an E-2 visa allows for multiple entries into the U.S. and long-term legal residence.

  • EB-5 Visa Applicants Awaiting Approval

Combining the E-2 visa with an EB-5 application can bypass waiting periods for U.S. entry, allowing applicants to live in the U.S. while completing EB-5 processing.

  • International Trade Entrepreneurs

Entrepreneurs looking to invest or expand their business in the U.S. and avoid global taxation can use the E-2 visa to grow their business in the U.S. and easily manage global assets.

  • Frequent Travelers to the U.S.

Individuals with business in the U.S. who frequently travel there. Regularly entering the U.S. on a B-1/B-2 visa can lead to scrutiny by immigration officers. An E-2 visa allows unrestricted entry to the U.S.

  • Seekers of U.S. Medical Benefits

Those who want to enjoy U.S. medical benefits without obtaining a green card can apply for an E-2 visa.

  • Those Seeking U.S. Entry Without Becoming Tax Residents

The E-2 visa, being a long-term visa, does not automatically confer tax citizenship like a green card. E-2 visa holders are not required to pay taxes to the U.S. on global income or report overseas assets. Investors who want to acquire and operate U.S. businesses without global taxation can apply for an E-2 visa.

No Global Taxation | Offers Excellent Protections of Personal Asset

No need to pay U.S. taxes on global income, with additional tax relief benefits.

Benefits Comparable to Green Card Holders

Spouses can legally work in any U.S. company; children (under 21 years old) can access free public education and are eligible for in-state university tuition rates.

Low Application Threshold, Simple Process

Minimal investment requirement; no age, education, or work experience criteria; and a straightforward application process.

Family Inclusion

The applicant's spouse and children (under 21 years old) can accompany them to live, work, and study in the U.S.

Freedom of Travel

With a valid visa, reside outside the U.S. without time restrictions and freely enter the U.S.

Unlimited Renewals

E-2 visas have a maximum validity of 5 years, initially issued for 2 years, with unlimited renewals every 2 years.

Fast Approval, No Waiting

Over 40,000 visas are issued annually without a queue. The entire process can be completed in 3 months, allowing immediate U.S. relocation for the applicant and family.

City Sky


E-2 Requirements

  • Applicants must hold citizenship of a country that maintains a valid international trade and navigation treaty with the United States for an extended period.

  • Applicants must own more than 50% of the equity in the business they invest in and have decision-making authority in the company.

  • The investment must be genuine, substantial, and of significant scale.

  • The funds should ensure the investor's commitment to the profitability of the investment company.

  • The amount of investment should be sufficient to ensure the likelihood of the project's success. Insufficient investment amounts will directly affect the determination of a "substantial and significant investment."

  • Demonstrate legality of the funds.

  • Applicants must play a decisive role in the company, such as an executive or managerial position.

Processing of E-2

  1. Decide on the investment project or start a new company.

  2. Prepare a concrete and detailed business plan.

  3. Collect application information.

  4. Lawyers prepare application materials.

  5. Submit the application.

  6. Obtain the E-2 visa approval.

  7. The whole family moves to the United States.

Delicate Fabric


Black Background
Accompanying Mother

Granted E-2 Visa Approval in 4 Months



  • Q. Can an E-2 visa be converted to a green card?

A. No. The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa and cannot be directly converted to a green card. However, it can be renewed indefinitely as long as the business is operational. While it does not provide a direct path to a green card, it offers similar benefits. Alternatively, if you meet the requirements for other green card categories such as EB-1, EB-5, etc., you can apply for these green cards.

  • Q. Do I have to employ American workers?

A. There is no specific requirement in this regard. However, generally for the operation of the business, if you do not hire, it might be perceived that the business only needs the investor and their family members. This could be considered "marginal" and is not allowed. You do not need to hire immediately, just detail in your business plan when you will hire.

  • Q. Is there a minimum investment requirement?

A. While investment guidelines for an E2 Investor visa do not specify a minimum investment amount, it is recommended that the invested funds be substantial to the total cost of the business.

  • Q. Are there any regulations regarding the source of investment funds?

A: Yes. It is essential to ensure that the invested funds are legal.

  • Q. Is a business plan required for the E-2 visa application?

A. Yes. You must submit a five-year business plan. The business plan should include: company introduction, product or service description, market and industry analysis, competitive analysis, marketing plan, management and organization plan, financial plan, and a personnel hiring plan for the next five years.

  • Q. Can I buy a house in the U.S. to apply for an E-2 visa?

A: No. The investment must be in an actively managed, profit-seeking business. Passive investments like buying stocks or real estate are not eligible.

  • Q. Can I bring my family with me? Can they work in the U.S.?

A: Your spouse and children (under 21 and unmarried) can also obtain E-2 visas. Your spouse is free to find work in the U.S., and your children can attend school in the U.S.

bottom of page